Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kamryn is walking

Finally! It is about time!
Kamryn has been walking on her knees for almost 3 months now just torturing us. I have been so concerned but also knew that she wouldn't be going to kindergarten walking on her knees. She turned 18 months on Saturday the 27th and on the 28th I reminded her that she had her doctor appointment on Monday and we were going to discuss with the doctor what we need to do to get her walking (on her feet). I let Kamryn know that this might involve physical therapy and exercises that she may not like. It was within minutes that she started walking.
Joe was on the floor and I was on the couch with Kamryn. She asked to get down and I put her on her feet as I always do to encourage walking and she just walked to Joe like no big deal. Then she walked back to me. Joe scooted further away and she walked to him again. By the fourth time of this routine she just bypassed Joe completely and walked down the hall into the toy room. She didn't waiver or fall. It was as if she has been walking for weeks.
What a jerk!
I am glad she is finally on her feet and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment