Thursday, February 25, 2010

man crush

Have you ever heard the term "man crush"? This is when a grown man just talks and talks about another grown man (friend or not) envying his stuff, lifestyle, whatever...I have seen men have these "crushes" on other men but never have seen it in children. Until today....
Ryker has a friend in his class named Ryken (yep that's right, Ryken). Maybe it is the closeness in name that creates this bond between my son and his new friend. I am pretty sure Ryker has a "boy crush" on Ryken. He is constantly talking about him and how cool he is. He tells me all about Ryken's house (even though he has never been there) and all of the cool things that Ryken has. So far Ryken has a transformer house and a car that turns into a tree house. I learned today that Ryken has the largest bathtub in the world that will fit all of the kids so that they all can bath together. I just feel bad for Ryken's mom, having to wash all that hair!
I am amazed at Ryker's imagination about the things that Ryken has and am a little worried that Ryker is so concerned with material things at such a young age.
As for now, I will just listen to all the stories about Ryken and his coolness.

No comments:

Post a Comment