Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Update on HaLee

HaLee is doing much better and may be coming home from the hospital soon (if not today). She is tracking things with her eyes but we really won't know the extent of visual damage until she can "say" what she is seeing. Being only 13 months old she can't really tell us what she sees but she tracks objects so that is good. She has been happy and smiling and laughing. Seems to be bouncing back really well.
Looks like the daycare provider will be arrested for this incident and so the court proceeding shall begin. The media has been notified and will release the story as soon as the daycare provider has been arrested and charged with the crime.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am an old neighborhood kid/friend of Joe's, I saw that you had a blog and read it- I hope you don't mind. I would like to start out saying Congrats on your new addition- your going to be one busy lady but so blessed in many ways. I read your post on HaLee and I have just been sick about it, I cannot believe it- a baby 13 months old, wow- how can you feel good about yourself (babysitter), and try and brush it off like it was a fall.. I pray HaLee does better and each day is a day of progress.. I hope you don't mind me posting.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that over a year later Halee is doing great. She has had a great medical team that has helped her each step of the way. I just saw her on the 4th of July and she is as cute as ever. She is only a few months younger than my daughter and they played together marvelously. Halee's parents are also expecting their 2nd child to arrive any day now.

    ReplyDelete