Tuesday, July 12, 2011

full time

I have applied to work full time at the post office and it is now coming up on the interview time and I'm scared to death. I have a good feeling about getting it and think that I have a good chance of getting a career position. However, I am a little scared to death. I am afraid that I will be even more stressed out because I won't have the time I have at home to accomplish all that I do. I'm afraid that sitting for 8 hours a day will encourage my ass and gut to increase in size. I'm afraid that after paying daycare the extra hours and money will not be worth it. There are so many unknowns. I also like my freedoms that I enjoy now and hope that having those restricted will not make me resent my job. As it stands, I really like my job. It is relaxing and a nice break from everything and everyone. There isn't anyone breathing down my neck all the time. I just show up, work, and go home. It's nice. So, a full time shift will either be 40 hours of bliss each week or so unbearable that I will hate it....
I guess we'll see what happens before I start complaining. I should be excited right? It will mean a $2.60 raise plus it is 20 more hours per week than i am working now.
Help me see some positive so that I may be able to ride this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment