Friday, March 5, 2010

Ultimate pregnant moment

So, I get an advertisement in the mail for Krispy Kreme donuts. They have a new banana pudding donut that sounds fantastic. I feel the "need" to go buy this donut. Now, the last time I had a donut was a little over 6 years ago and apparently I have not kept up with the times because I began to drive to the Krispy Kreme store that I know of here in Salt Lake. I arrive at the location only to discover that it is no longer there. I have no idea how long it has been out of business since it has been 6 years since my last donut adventure.
I then proceed to take 25 minutes to figure out the mobile web on my phone and locate a krispy kreme store (I can't trust gas stations to have the specialty donut in stock so I am going right to the source).
The boys are getting super excited to go to the "donut store". Ryker was especially excited because he didn't even know what a donut was. He asked me and when I told him what it was he said "Oh, like that piece in the Simpsons game that Homer has", which is a little metal donut to the Simpson's Clue that we have. I said yes but they are the real kind that you can eat. I don't know what was running through his head as far as what a donut is but he was super excited to eat it.
After my mobile web experience I find that I am off to Orem for a Krispy Kreme donut. AND IT WAS WORTH IT!
The donut was delicious and they have that big window where the kids can watch them make the donuts. That entertained them for at least 30 minutes, until they were donut experts.
3 hours, $15.00, and 2 dozen donuts later we returned home from our fun filled outing. And, no, I didn't eat them all at once. I brought the rest home to avoid future trips to Orem!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I loved that story! Oh the memories...

    ReplyDelete