Sunday, March 14, 2010

We are having a wonderful family day today. I could not ask for better. We went to breakfast at the Red Rooster Waffle Co. for the first time and it was delicious. It is Kent's birthday today so we celebrated his birthday at breakfast along with Brenda, Tony, their kids, Bryce, Trudy, and my mom. The whole restaurant sang Happy Birthday and that was fun.
Then Joe and I and the kids went to Walmart and Bed, Bath, and Beyond to pass some time before our movie started. We had fun looking at stuff, playing with gadgets, and acting silly.
Around noon we went to see Alice in Wonderland. We had a wonderful time there. Kamryn was fully entertained until she decided to fall asleep. But she lasted more than halfway through without getting ornery or bored. She was talking to the screen and laughing. She absolutely loved the talking dogs. (I loved watching her watch the movie.)
Seth loved the movie and Ryker got a little bored in the middle. I think it is a little too grown up for his age or maybe he just didn't care for it. We loved it but could have done without the beheading of the jabberwockie (sp). Ryker can explain in graphic detail how his head was cut off and bounced down the steps of the broken castle. I think that was too much for children's eyes. Quite gory I thought. But, the boys loved that part and that disturbs me.
Afterwards we have just been relaxing at home and it has been wonderful. I had a lengthy nap and the children are just playing and playing. Too bad it isn't warm out or this day would have included a little golf to make it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment